As it is the Fourth of July and the weekend for celebrating independence, life, liberty, and all that, I thought I’d do a July 4th history giveaway for those interested in getting copies of my latest novel.
All you have to do to enter is take this short quiz. If you get the answers correct, you’ll be entered in a drawing for a print copy of my latest Sam McRae novel, DEEP SIX.
In addition, those who don’t win the print book will get a copy of the ebook version — just by taking the quiz. Please note that entrants who qualify for the print copy are limited to U.S. citizens. It is our holiday, after all, and besides that postage really does add up! 🙂
So … here’s the quiz:
1. What three words does the Declaration of Independence start with?
2. What document provided the legal framework for the United States of America?
3. Who wrote the lyrics to The Star Spangled Banner?
4. How many stars were on the first U.S. flag?
5. How did the Liberty Bell get its crack?
That’s it! Five simple questions. You have until the end of the day on Monday, July 6 (Eastern Time) to submit your answers in the comments.
And now … on to the Saturday Matinee feature!
PS: Aren’t these sea turtles awesome?
Finally, here’s a song that brings back the most awesome memories! 🙂
1. We the people
3.Francis Scott Key
5. The metal was too brittle
1. When in the
3. Francis Scott Key
5. 1752 – when rung for the very first time, metal was too brittle. Recast
Don’t have an e-reader, but would love to win the print version.
1. In Congress, July 4, 1776, The unanimous declaration…
2. U.S. Constitution
3. Frances Scott Key
5. During a test strike